Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year, Old Project

It's been so quiet here at Chairnotes that you can hear the snowfalling. But it's not that I'm not writing, it's what I'm writing. I am in a push to get the drawings for my book done and am happy to say that I'm making good progress. As to the actual release date, it can't be pinned down just yet, but I will hopefully be handing everything to the book designer, and Chris Schwarz for the next phase. I thought that I'd share a couple of images to give a little preview of what I'm compiling.
 There are literally hundreds of illustrations and it's taken me a while to establish a style that is clear and fast to create.
I like communicating by drawing (as any former student will tell) because you can go straight to the concept without any confusion and you can show views and relationships that would be tough to show any other way.

8 comments:

mitch wilson said...

Much improved drawings, Pete. Da Vinci would be proud. And I, as a visual type of student, greatly appreciate it.

Peter Galbert said...

Da Vinci? Is he the font guy at LAP? Anyway, thanks Mitch, coming from you it is high praise indeed!
Happy New Year
Pete

Tim said...

I"m sure "editing" will pick it up - but on your Travisher drawing you state "The a piece of . . . "

Can't wait to get your book.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete: Have you considered making it spiral bound, lays flat on the workbench.

Ray Schwanenberger said...

Excellent illustrations! Being a visual person I am very happy to hear your book will have so many illustrations. Looking forward to its release.

Steve Kirincich said...

Hi Pete,
I think Eric Sloane would approve.

Steve

Peter Galbert said...

Thanks for the encouragement,
I'm having a lot of fun with the drawings. We are still working out the details about the binding etc...I'm sure you'll be hearing more about it all here and at the LAP blog

Philip said...

Looking forward to that book! Hope your not too buried in snow...