Friday, April 5, 2013

One Heck of a Link

I was reading Caleb James blog and realized that I had to post about it. Looking at his latest entries, it's easy to see the breadth of his abilities and generosity. Not only has he recently completed the plans for Curtis' comb back, which are available here, but he is offering free plans for moulding planes and sharing some brilliant shop jigs. I love watching his development and am positive that it will go on and on. Keep it up Caleb!

Curtis Buchanan's Signature Comb Back

A quick word about Curtis' videos and plans. Curtis has been a friend for many years and he greatly influenced my decision to offer my experience in an open format and so it was no surprise when he started offering his in his videos. Now that he has created a package of videos and plans, I'd encourage you to support him, knowing that he is working to find a way to balance making his living with openly offering his knowledge. A success with this effort will lead him to do more videos, which will benefit you, me and chairmaking enthusiasts for years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,
I agree 100% with your comments. I received the plans and video last week and they are great. I have to find the time to watch all 11 hours of the videos and then build a chair. I would urge anyone thinking of ordering them to do so you will not be dissapointed.
Ray Duffy

Missouri Friend said...

You hit the nail on the head Pete. I have taken two classes from Curtis at his shop. One of which was for this chair. Nothing can compare with spending time at his shop, except the videos and plans. He is a wealth of chair making knowledge and these videos are just like being there. And the plans are more than worth the money.