Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Link Worth Following

I first met Brian Boggs about nine years ago at a 2 day seminar that he taught at Purchase College. I was still working in cabinet shops in NYC and was trying to make my way to chairmaking. I had John Alexanders book and plenty of woodworking experience, but the leap to green wood was still daunting. So I jumped at the opportunity to watch and listen to Brian.

The other day, I came across this 63 minute lecture that Brian gave recently at the Woodworking in America conference. I poured myself a cup of coffee and tuned out the rest of the world for a while.

As usual, Brian's intense pursuit of quality and understanding was an inspiration.
So do yourself a favor, check it out.

Brian Boggs at the Woodworking in America Conference

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Enjoy your blog

Jimy said...

Brian is an authority in his field and he must have a useful advice to offer in this regard. I appreciate that you have shared a link to his conference. It will be worth listening.